Friday 8 June 2018

Take Nothing With You - Patrick Gale



I remember delighting in The Aerodynamics of Pork, particularly because of the title. Made me chuckle. And I can’t for the life of me think why it’s taken me so damn long to read another book by Patrick Gale! But thanks to the wonderful Georgina Moore the balance has been redressed with this copy of Take Nothing With You.

 
  Perceptive. Witty. Passionate. Compassionate. Intelligent. Honest. Wonderful. Realistic.
Engrossing. Reflective. Bohemian. Musical. Well written. Descriptive. Sympathetic. Empathic.   Heartbreaking. Marvellous. Uplifting. Heartbreaking. Yin. Yang. Dazzling. Lyrical. Imaginative.
Gem. Beautiful. Enriching. Radioactive. Childhood. Adolescence. Maturity. Love. Sexuality. Parents. Stash. Exquisite. Memorable. Moved. Beauty.


Okay. yeah, right. It’s not really a review is it? I know. I understand.  I should have surrounded my adjectives, superlatives and observations with some erudite sentences. But hey, today I thought I’ll just cut out the middle man and pour out what I felt about this book. So I have. And I won’t apologise. Maybe you wanted a conventional review. But there it is. I think I loved this book too much and whilst not lost for words exactly , I’m just lost for some words. I hope I found the right words.

Whatever you do today, take nothing with you, but this book.

1 comment:

  1. Well, it may be different but it certainly is a review! Gale is an amazing writer!

    ReplyDelete