Thursday 1 April 2021

Everyday Magic - Jess Kidd

 

 Everyday Magic by Jess Kidd

A book revue by Bookphace -  Aged Umpteen

I have red this book and I liekd it. It is a good book.. If yoo like magik you will love this book.. It is about Alfie and Calypso. My favrit witch yoosed to be Serafina Pikkala but now it is Gertrude and, a bit, Zita. If you wont to know why, you must read this book. It isn't Harry Potter sort of magik ,it is evryday magik in Little Snoddington. 

Also if you like circuses you will like this book becasue there is a circus in it. Calypso lives at the circus. Alfie dozent. He lives at Switherbroom Hall. This is a funny book too with lots of jokes in it. People do mad things. I did get frit a couple of times and I got wurried when Nova disappeared. But I musnt tell yuo wot happens bicoz if I do it is called a spoiler and it is naughty to do spoilers. Its a shame bicoz I'd like to tell you some funny bits speshally when the witches fly. Some witches are nice, soem arnt,  and they have a war. That is not a spoiler bicoz it tells you about it in the blurb.

But I am allowed to tell you that this is a very fun book and I wish I could read more books about alfie and Calypso. Also be careful if yuo try any of the spells. I dont rilly need this meny butter dishes. And I carnt tell you why I said that because of wot I menshuned earlier about spoilers. 

I think Jess Kidd is a very, very, very good writer. Somewun told me she writes books for grown ups too. But I am not shore if they are about magik. . She has dun a good book about magik for kids. 

 It's long time since I read a children's book. But it brought back many memories. And somehow writing a review in this style crept into my head and wouldn't go away. I enjoyed doing it as much as I enjoyed reading the book. But I apologise if there are those who feel it is inappropriate or disrespectful to kids or readers or writers.  No harm was intended in the creation of this 'review'. 

My thanks to Canongate books for a gifted copy of the book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment