Wednesday 13 January 2016

David Bowie

I was numb on Monday. I couldn't quite believe what I had heard. And it is isn't that I am an obsessive Bowie fan. I loved his early work but I went though a period of finding him just okay. However I thought The Next Day was excellent and I was finding BlackStar quite haunting and now I find it was prophetic. How is it that the death of someone you never knew can affect you as much as this has affected me? I remember Al Stewart's  song 'Post World War 2 Blues' from the 'Past, Present and Future' album - I can still remember the last time I cried 
The day that Buddy Holly died 
I never met him, so it may seem strange 
Don't some people just affect you that way
And maybe that's just it, some people affect you that way...............

No comments:

Post a Comment